Hauser is filled with Super Kids who help their peers, teachers, and care for the Hauser Community. Congratulations to the following students who were nominated by the Hauser Staff as Super Kids for the first trimester! Thank you to the PTO for sponsoring their pizza lunch! (2 photos) ... See MoreSee Less
In early November, the 8th grade Spanish classes enjoyed a field trip to the National Museum of Mexican Art where they toured the exhibit for the “Day of the Dead.” This holiday, known in Spanish as El Día de los Muertos, takes place on November 1st and 2nd and is a special time for honoring the memory of loved ones who have passed away. After their guided tour of the exhibit, students participated in a workshop where they were able to decorate their own sugar skulls, or calaveras, a traditional symbol for the ofrendas (altars) of the Day of the Dead.
In addition to their visit to the museum, students took a walking tour through the community of Pilsen. Pilsen is a predominately Mexican-American neighborhood, known for its colorful wall murals. Students’ attention was drawn to themes in these murals depicting the life, history and culture of the neighborhood of Pilsen and its people.
A trip to Pilsen wouldn’t be complete without a taste of some of some good Mexican food. Students ate lunch at Los Comales. Students had the option to add a little spice to the day by sampling the jalapeños at their table. ¡Ay no!
Whether it was the artwork at the museum, the bilingual signs on the street, or the tacos y frijoles for lunch, students enjoyed getting a taste of Mexican culture, language and traditions during their trip to Pilsen. (9 photos) ... See MoreSee Less
District 96 is very pleased to announce that it will be updating the design of its website over the Thanksgiving holiday break. The new design was created in an effort to provide a fresh look to the website while increasing access to information and communication to district stakeholders via a more intuitive, icon-based site navigation structure. This launch is only the first phase of the new design. In the coming weeks and months, stakeholders will see the creation of additional pages to provide greater access to resources and district related information. ... See MoreSee Less
The 8th grade girls basketball team took on the female staff members in the annual student faculty basketball game today after school. Congrats to the 8th grade girls on defeating the staff 31-21! Thank you to everyone who came out to support the the teams! (2 photos) ... See MoreSee Less
In light of recent pedestrian/vehicle incidents near the Central/Hauser Campus, please be reminded of the following points of review:
1. All students and visitors to the Central/Hauser campus are encouraged to use designated crosswalks where crossing guards are present. The two main locations for crossing are at the stop light on Woodside Road in front of Central school and directly behind the school on Akenside.
2. Please adhere to all safety and drop-off procedures. These are inclusive of:
- Please stay in line during drop off. Avoid bypassing other cars and cutting in.
- Pull all the way forward as the car drop off or pickup line moves. Pulling all the way forward means your child may have to walk a little further to get to their door for entrance, but it will help keep a steady traffic flow during drop-off.
- Remain in your car during pick-up. Unattended cars cause traffic congestion. There are staff members available to assist with finding a student.
- Please have your student(s) ready to exit the car when you arrive at school. When students do not have their coat on or are using electronic devices, this slows down the student from exiting the vehicle and delays arrival for other students.
- It is illegal to use a cellphone, even hands free, while driving in a school zone. Please be mindful of this.
3. As snow is certain to come at some point this winter, please allow for adequate time to get your child to school.
Student safety is of utmost importance to the staffs at Central and Hauser. Please work with us to help ensure the safety of all students, staff, and visitors by adhering to the above reminders. Together we can continue to make Central and Hauser the great schools that they are. Feel free to contact the appropriate school administrator if you have any questions.
The Wednesday Hauser Backpack has been updated. Please review the latest flyers and teacher home page updates as they are made available. Please note that all teacher pages will be updated every Tuesday.
Final asphalt coating at the intersection of First Avenue and Forest/Ridgewood started December 2, 2014. Click on the Press Release below for details.
Riverside Police News Release Final Asphalt Started ...more
Riverside School District 96 will have four (4) school board seats to be filled at the April 7, 2015 Consolidated Election. Candidates who are elected will fill four-year terms expiring in April 2019.
Candidates for the office of school board can begin to circulate nominating petitions for signatures beginning September 23, 2014. The period for filing nominating ...more