Healthy Habits & Wellness Committee
Riverside District 96 School Meals Meet New Nutrition Standards
Students of Hauser Jr. High and Central Elementary will find healthy choices in their school cafeteria.
Our Cafeteria will be serving school meals that meet new federal nutrition standards, ensuring that meals are healthy, well balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school.
School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and grains, and they must meet strict limits for saturated fat and portion size. School lunches meet additional standards requiring:
- Age-appropriate calorie limits
- Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce)
- A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
- Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
- More whole grains
- And less sodium
We are always working to offer our students healthier and tastier choices. School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families.
Click HERE to access current lunch menu information.
Healthy Eating Tips
Recipes and Meal Plans
Healthy Eating Tips & Healthy Celebrations
- Click here to learn more!
- Presentation Slides (Social Media & Risky Behaviors: How to Make Better Choices)
- Family Cell Phone & Technology Use Contract