Online Fee Payment via PushCoin
District 96 has selected a new online fee payment platform specifically designed for education. The PushCoin solution provides parents with a convenient method of paying school-related fees and expenses beyond registration fees. Additionally, we have launched a District 96 Web Store. The web store contains a variety "a la carte" items for purchase across our schools.
On April 24, 2019, Riverside School District 96 began utilizing PushCoin online fee payment services. Our goal is to have PushCoin become a convenient one-stop shop that eventually allows parents to pay for all school-related fees.
Parents or guardians of existing District 96 students should have received detailed instructions via email on the evening of April 24th, detailing how to create their account and link their District 96 student(s). Instructions were also provided on how to easily navigate the PushCoin online fee payment system.
PAYING FOR SCHOOL FEES
When school fees appear on your student's account, you will see a red negative balance under Fees and a red Pay Fees button. You may review them by either clicking Statements or the Pay Fees button.
If you are using a credit or debit card to pay for school fees or add funds to your student's wallet, you will need to enter the CVV number that's on the back of the card.
PAYING FOR SUMMER SCHOOL FEES
The district will update PushCoin at the end of every week to reflect parents’ registration submissions until Summer School Registration closes. Summer School Registrations will not be considered final until tuition payments are received.
Set up your payment method by clicking on Accounts and then click on Add Source:
- Electronic check (eCheck): The eCheck funding option is always FREE for parents and all school districts working with PushCoin
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover): There is an additional fee of 2.9% + $0.25 per transaction to use credit or debit cards. This fee is charged by the card processor (Not PushCoin). Riverside School District 96 does not make any profit on this fee. The fee will be in addition to the original transaction amount. You will be able to see the total cost before submitting the transaction.
What to expect when using PushCoin?
- PushCoin.com is a mobile-friendly website. You can use a smartphone or a tablet to pay for school fees or fund and monitor your students' lunch account. The site will adjust to your device’s screen and act like an APP.
- If funding electronically, the minimum transaction amount is $35. This minimum exists to allow your school district to keep E-Check transactions free of service charges, and keep the credit card charge to a minimum. There is no minimum transaction amount when funding by physical check.
- If you have an outstanding balance in your student’s Fees account, you will be sent an electronic invoice once a month.
- Optional programs or items for sale online are available the Webstore link below Fund Wallet or by going to https://store.district96.org. There is no need to fund student’s wallet to make purchases on the District 96 web store or pay for student’s fees.
FREE or REDUCED FEES
A child’s eligibility status of receiving free or reduced discounts is determined via the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). These statuses are maintained within PowerSchool. This information is carried-over into PushCoin as part of the nightly update. Discounting of fees and web store items are automatically calculated within PushCoin based on a child’s NSLP status.
ACCESSING PUSHCOIN & THE DISTRICT 96 WEB STORE
We have added two additional “quick links” to the vertical icon banner to our district and school websites. These icons now link to the PushCoin ($ icon) parent account portal and the new D96 Webstore (shopping cart icon):
We have also added links to the “Parents” pulldown menu on our websites.
Given the changes in online fee payment systems, there are also changes to some District 96 processes and practices. Here are some important changes relevant to District 96 parents and guardians:
- All registration fees and any outstanding balances associated with returning students will be applied to PushCoin accounts.
- Registration fees associated with all new students will not be applied to the associated student(s) PushCoin accounts until after the district's annual student information system (SIS) rollover in mid-July.
- If a parent or guardian does not wish to utilize the PushCoin online fee payment system, fees can be paid in-person at the District 96 Administrative Offices located at 3340 S. Harlem Ave. in Riverside.