Key Considerations/Core Ideas
- Some in-person instruction is better than none.
- All plans should pivot to remote when needed or required.
- Remote learning will require more real time connection with students and scheduled synchronous learning for students.
- Shortened overall school hours might be better right now.
- Easier for children and mask wearing.
- Eliminate lunch for now.
- ISBE requirement: 5 hours of instruction daily and recommend at least 2.5 hours for synchronous learning.
- Student learning requires a focus and intensity on core academics-some specials and encore could be remote
- At risk students may need more time than others for in-person learning
- All educators are essential workers
- Attendance will be monitored for all students
- Traditional assessment and grading practices will resume
Based upon our committee’s work, these key considerations/core ideas and the current phase of Illinois we will be offering a couple of instructional options for our students this fall. Parents can choose from two options at the elementary level and two options at the middle school level.