Health and Safety Protocols for Band
The Hauser Jr. High Band Program will follow the recommended guidance of the Cook County Public Health Department. Please know that this structure may change due to any adjustments from the CCPH.
- Playing outdoors whenever possible is suggested.
- Students should be seated at least 6-feet apart, and they should not face each other. (Trombones need to maintain even more distance from other players - 9-feet is suggested.)
- Everyone needs to wear a mask. Woodwind players may wear a mask with slits cut for the mouthpiece. (Masks can be removed when outdoors and physically distanced.)
- Woodwind instruments should have a cloth covering over the bell.
- Instruments and other objects should not be shared.
- Rehearsals will be limited to about 30 minutes of actual playing. (Playing should start 5 minutes after the period begins and end 5 minutes before the period ends.)
- With instrument playing beginning 5 minutes after the period begins and ending 5 minutes before the period ends, the room will have at least 1 air exchange prior to the start of the instruments being played. (CCPH states that rooms should be aired out for one air exchange prior to the next use of the room, which includes the possibility of students spending a longer amount or time getting ready for rehearsals.)