Math Program Resources
|Math in Focus (Grades K-5)||Carnegie Learning (Grades 6-8)|
Math in Focus (Grades K - 5)
District 96 has implemented Math in Focus as the core program for grades K - 5. To learn more about Math in Focus and get a glimpse of what math instruction looks like our classrooms, please watch the video below.
- Program Overview
- History of Math in Focus
- Strategy Model Drawing
- Problem Solving
- Underpinning Concepts
- Research and Efficacy
Carnegie Learning (Grades 6 - 8)
Watch the video below to learn how Hauser Jr. High School Math teachers use Carnegie Learning in their classrooms.
Watch Carnegie Math in Action
What Research Says
- Dan Meyer at TEDxNYED: Math Class Needs a Makeover (video)
- Here's Why Math is Taught Differently Now (article)
- The Teaching Gap: Best Ideas from the World's Teachers for Improving by James Hiebert and James W. Stigler
- Adding + It Up by Jeremy Kilpatrick, Jane Swafford, and Bradford Findell
- How People Learn by John D. Bransford
Think Central Parent Login Information
To login into Think Central, visit: https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/ePC/start.do
Use the dropdown options and fill in the following information:
- State: Illinois
- District: Riverside Public School Dist 96, Riverside 60546
- School: Choose your student's elementary school
Parent Username & Password (case sensitive):
- Username: The usernames are created specific for each school. Please choose your user name based on your student's school.
- Ames: RiversideParent
- Blythe Park: RiversideParentB
- Central: RiversideParentC
- Hollywood: RiversideParentH
- Password: Riverside96!